Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A gimmick? Awesome!

The operative word in the title of this post is Awesome. Seeing as blogging is the new "thing" and this journalism student needs to get his practice on and develop himself a writing style, I figured that my blog could use something gimmick-y to set it apart from the hordes of other blogs out there blogging about all the same stuff. So I introduce to you a humble creation of mine known as THE AWESOMETER...

It works a little something like this:

1 l------------------5------------------l 10

This is The Awesometer. It is the standard in how I will be rating things from here on out. Figured it was about time I got a hold of a system. This highly advanced and well drawn diagram clearly shows that I'll be using a ten point scale. Unoriginal? To that I say nay. For, whichever point score the reviewed item earns, I will compare it to other things at that level of awesomeness. For instance, the ever coveted 10 on The Awesometer (a number I would only give out to something entirely awesome and free of flaws) would be comparable to say, hooking up with Megan Fox, or being that guy from the Dos Equis commercials.

Looking for more examples? Well you're in luck, I'm moments away from doing an entire review to christen this wonderful new system. Brace yourselves, Dan saw Transformers 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment